We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service and encourage our clients to provide feedback regarding the way we have dealt with any matter. We are keen to address and learn about any aspect of our service which has fallen short of your expectations. This will enable us to improve our handling of cases going forward.
We would ask that any concerns in the first instance be raised with the relevant advisor who is undertaking your work. We expect that matters will be resolved informally at this point.
However, there may be occasions when that advisor is unable to resolve your complaint or you may feel it is sufficiently serious that you want a more senior member of the firm to investigate a matter on your behalf. In those circumstances, we recommend you contact Glyn Lloyd, who is the Practice Manager.
1. We will write to you, acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 5 working days of us receiving it. We will enclose or attach a copy of this procedure if you do not already have one.
2. We will then investigate your complaint with the relevant advisor (where applicable).
3. Following our investigation, we will consider whether the matter can be dealt with more informally, for example, by correspondence, telephone or by meeting. We will contact you within 10 working days of us receiving your complaint.
4. Within 5 working days of our discussion, we will write to you proposing a suitable response to your complaint.
5. The nature of complaints may vary in complexity and dealing with your specific complaint may take longer. If this is the case, we will let you know and explain why.
6. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of the process, you may be able to complain to the Legal Ombudsman at:
PO Box 6806
Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
1. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within 6 months of the date of our final decision on your complaint.
2. In addition, the Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. Please see further: sra.org.uk.
Let us know what you need, and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.