Join our team
Newfields is a niche law firm focused on delivering practical immigration solutions to businesses and sporting organisations, the education, health and legal sectors, and to private individuals.
We are looking for a student intern who can assist clients and support the wider team at Newfields to deliver on behalf of Welsh Government an immigration advisory service that assists EU Citizens resident in Wales post-Brexit.
The role will be supervised and shall cover the following responsibilities:
- Review documentation and evidence to support applications presented to the EU Settlement Scheme (“EUSS”)
- Analyse cases to assess eligibility to the EUSS and consider the evidence that may be required to support EUSS applications
- Draft EUSS application forms
- Analyse data of cases undertaken by the firm to date
- Assist to draft report writing for presentation to the Welsh Government
- Attend monthly Welsh Government meetings
- Correspond directly with the EU Resolutions Centre to enquire about the progress of cases
- Personable, but professional, with an empathy for, and understanding of, the problems faced by our clients
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills, with an ability to manage and to prioritise tasks efficiently and competently, and to work under pressure/to deadlines
- An ability to work both within a team and on your own initiative, accompanied by a spirit of co-operation and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written, supported by excellent spelling and grammar)
- An understanding in all Microsoft office packages.
This placement will be hosted at the firm’s offices in Cardiff or Bristol (the location to accommodate the successful candidate).
Applicants must be in a position to commit at least two regular mornings or afternoons per week.
The internship will be for a period of 3 months initially, commencing in December with opportunities to begin earlier.
The closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday 2 November 2022.
Expressions of interest should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by post to Newfields, Fifth Floor, James William House, Cardiff CF10 3BD.